Our Grand Ballroom is available for private events of 75-250 people.
Music & Dance Classes
We offer music and dance classes for members children and grandchildren
We show all the major Spanish soccer league games and championships in the bar/restaurant.
The society was originally established in 1971 under the name Spanish Circle. In 1985, with the support of many founding members, the organization purchased the building in Astoria, New York which today we consider our home and cultural center.
In April, 2011 the society was coverted into a non-profit organization under the name Centro Español de Queens.
We are extremely appreciative of our members who supported us over the years financially at times and also by donating their time and service to support and execute our objectives. Our doors are always open to new members who want to support our mission, collaborate with us and become part of our organization.
Our members can enjoy the following activities:
- Gallego bagpipe, drums & tamborine classes (traditional instruments of Galicia, Spain)
- Gallego dance classes
- Monthly banquets that include dinner and dance
- Children’s events for major holidays like Halloween, Three Kings and Easter
- Performances such as Flamenco, Tango and other folk dances from various countries
- Televised soccer games – all the major La Liga games and major Spanish championships
- Card games and dominoes
- Periodic free concerts in the restaurant
- Activities in partnership with other Spanish societies and organizations such as:
- The Hispanic Parade Committe
- ALCE – Offer spanish language classes here in the US
- CRE – Committe for Spanish Residents in the US
José Manuel García